Tuesday, August 12, 2008

    Congratulations Liza & Ian!

    Back in January I wrote a blog about a wedding I was taking over for a coordinator friend who booked an August wedding and then SURPRISE!!! got pregnant. This past weekend was that wedding.

    Brides like Liza make me love what I do even more. I wish I could clone her! She not only graciously and happily took me on as her substitute planner, but she and her fiance pretty much threw their original wedding plans out the window 2 months before the date in order to make it more "them". Well done! Instead of getting married at a very popular (but strict) venue in LA that probably does 5 weddings per weekend, they rented a beautiful house in Los Feliz and held their wedding for 100 guests there.

    Home weddings are very, very tricky, and this one had its own snags to work around, but because Liza & Ian were so happy and relaxed, the day just unfolded beautifully. Guests really mirror the emotions and engery that the bride & groom put out so their guests were as happy and had as much fun as they did! A big thank you to Auntie Em's catering for being so flexible and accommodating as well as my assistants Tiffany, Dani, and Maureen for all of your hard work!

    Below is a picture of the home, but due to my camera getting stolen, I don't have any pictures to show of the wedding or the bride & groom! Those will have to wait for the photographer.

    Congratulations, Liza & Ian! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your special day! And congratulations Sharon and Joey on the birth of your beautiful baby boy!