Monday, July 25, 2011

    Follow up from a Mother of the Bride

    Below is a portion of an email that I received from last week's Mother of the Bride about her daughter Annie's wedding at the Upper Las Virgenes Open Space Preserve and it so made my day. Graciously, Carol is allowing me to share it with my blog readers. I loved hearing about the day from her perspective and of course, I loved her kudos and kind words. Messages like this are why I do what I do.

    photo taken on my iPhone. I can't wait to see the pretty from Sarah Yates Photography!

    "Dear Amber, 

    I have to say when we started this project I was a little stressed over the cost of things out there.  I was also surprised at everybody's desire to have all the money up front.  I'm so glad I got to spend all day Saturday at the venue with Annie and her friends, not just because it was so beautiful and so much fun, but I got to watch everything unfold and learned a lot from it - the loading and drive time, unloading and set up of the rental stuff plus having to do it all over again at the end of the evening - the designing of the flower arrangements, labor, delivery, set up (I think the Chuppah alone took hours) of same - the travel time and unobtrusive hour after hour of photography by both Sarah and her assistant not to mention the hours of perfecting those pictures after - the hair dresser and makeup artist who spent hours up there with us and did my makeup and hair for fun for nothing and even put some eyelashes on Sarah for free.  It was a real eye opener for me.  And not having to worry about getting people paid afterward was so great! 

    I told Annie the first thing she had to do was get a planner.  She chose you because she liked you.  She felt you would get along and be able to work well together. I also know that people in your kind of business have to know how to read the client and give them what they need and want.  It's an art and you do it very well after a fairly short career in it.  It's a stressful job and you should not only have a knack for it but enjoy it.  You and Nira were unbelievably patient and helpful.  I can't imagine fielding and handling that many responsibilities, requests, concerns and questions and all at the same time and for hours.  You were also so sweet and so much fun.

    I was just going to send you a quick email and write a long letter later but once I got rolling...when you have time, please write me back with your take on the day. 

    I really can't say enough or thank you enough."

    No comments: